Re: Debian testing vs unstable for home workstation?

On (11/06/04 07:29), Adam Funk wrote:
> I've been using Debian testing on my home workstation for a while now
> and am generally happy with it, but I understand there are some
> disadvantages in comparison with unstable, such as recency of security
> updates.  I suppose the name "unstable" puts me off, since I work from
> home a lot and need a functional computer all the time.  What would be
> the positive and negative effects of switching to unstable?
Hi Adam

There was an extensive thread on this subject a while ago which pretty
much covered all the arguments sid v sarge with input from some of the
most knowledgeable people on the list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/04/msg10262.htm

Regards

Clive