Debian testing vs unstable for home workstation?

I've been using Debian testing on my home workstation for a while now
and am generally happy with it, but I understand there are some
disadvantages in comparison with unstable, such as recency of security
updates.  I suppose the name "unstable" puts me off, since I work from
home a lot and need a functional computer all the time.  What would be
the positive and negative effects of switching to unstable?