Re: can't mount DVD-ROM

On Thursday 10 June 2004 16:36, Luis R Finotti wrote:
> > It would appear your dvd is being treated as a SCSI device.  Check your
> > scsi device nodes, and change your fstab as appropriate.
>
> That was it.  Thank you so much Justin!
>
> I don't how that happened?  But is there any problem in having the DVD
> drive as a SCSI device when it actually isn't?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Luis

I believe that the ide-scsi module grabs the device before the regular ide
driver does.  Since you actually want to use ide-scsi for your cd writer, I
don't think you can avoid this.  But I might be mistaken.

There should be no problems with having the DVD drive as a SCSI device when
it actually isn't.  At least, I have never heard of this causing problems.
Anyone on the list know differently?

Justin Guerin