can't mount DVD-ROM

Dear all,

For some reason I can't mount my DVD-ROM anymore.  I put a data CD in it
and I get the following message when I try to mount it:

debian[~]% mount /dvd/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

Here is my fstab file:

debian[~]% more /etc/fstab
#
<dump>  <pass>
/dev/hda3       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro      0	1
/dev/hda2       none            swap    sw                      	0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                        0	0
none            /devfs          devfs   defaults                        0	0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    defaults,user,noauto            0	0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto         0 	0
/dev/hdc        /dvd            iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto         0 	0
#/dev/hda1      /win            msdos   defaults,ro,user,noauto         0	0
/dev/hda1       /win            ntfs    defaults,ro,user,noauto         0	0
none            /proc/bus/usb   usbfs   defaults,user                   0 	0

This did work before.  It's been a little while since I tried to mount it
so I don't know what I did that made it stop working...  (I recentlty
changed hda3 from ext2 to ext3 and installed hotplug.)

Note: I can mount the same data CD using my CD-ROM drive and in Windows I
can read the CD from the DVD drive, so I guess it is not hardware related.

I posted the output of dmesg if you want/need to take a look:

http://www.math.ucsb.edu/~finotti/dvd/dmesg

Thanks and my best to all,

Luis