Re: password change

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 14:04, Michael Martinell hurled the following on the
wire:
> Is there a way to script out the changing of passwords at the command line.
>
> I have about 60 passwords to change manually, according to federal policy.
> In windows I would just do a net user username password
> Is there no similar linux command?

You could write an expect script for that:

http://expect.nist.gov/
apt-get install expect

but there might be an easyer way.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.