Re: dhcp problem

Cristi Banciu dijo:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 12:37, Diego Martínez Castañeda wrote:
>> you'll always get differents ip's if you don't assign a determinate ip
>> address to an MAC address. The rest of your pool of ip addresses will be
>> assigned dinamicaly.
> so , you wanna tell me that I have no choice but to assign ip static
> based on mac ?

if you wanna the same ip address in one machine, independently from
operating system you use, yes.

using this method, you aren't assigning static ip address from your hosts,
because you are using automatic assign in DHCP. Via DHCP you can assign ip
address with three methods:
 - automatic: assign an ip to a host until host deny this.
 - dinamic: assign an ip to a host, changing everytime it reconnect.
 - manual: you assign an ip to a host, staticaly.

cheers!

diego
--
        [Diego  Martínez  Castañeda]