Re: ACPI message on boot up

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 10:11 pm, Glenn Meehan wrote:

> Starting advanced configuration and power interface daemon: not
> supported by kernel.
>
> I have CONFIG_ACPI_BOOT=y set in my kernel config.
>
> Does this message have anything to do with the fact that I can't auto
> power shutdown?

I never have sorted this one out myself because I only shut down for hardware
upgrades and fan cleaning anyway, and it's not worth much effort.

I thought I'd let you know you're not alone.  ACPI stuff is turned on in BIOS
(also tried it with everything turned off).  I recompiled my kernel for good
measure.  I installed some package called acpid or similar too.

Nada.  Zip.  Rien.  Bupkis.

Nothing ever got me anywhere on this box, or one other.  So far I've only got
one out of three to work.  Two are Intels and the one that works is a VIA.

IIRC installing the acpid package is what finally did the trick for the VIA.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/