Re: Is there a utility to get IP address from interface?

James Sinnamon wrote:
Dear debian users,

Is there a utility to simply return the IP address of an interface, say
eth1 or ppp0?  I need something that works like:

$ netutil eth0

... or is it necessary to use ifconfig something like as follows:

$ ifconfig eth0 | sed ' ... ' | cut '....' | awk '...'  | .... etc

PS. I am doing this all in order to get ddns3 working so any pointers to useful docs would be greatly appreciated.

This is a script one of my co-workers wrote that may help