Re: Website creating software

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:36:27AM -0400 or thereabouts, Nick Smith wrote:

> forget frontpage, what about a dreamweaver alternative? i do respect the hand
> coding people out there, i too started coding with VI, but there is no way im
> going to design complex image maps or anything else with lengthy code by hand
> any more, too much chance for error and it takes way too long to do it.  i
> wish wine would pick up the pace and get compatible with MX 2004 and for that
> matter photoshop CS. but i would be happy with just a dreamweaver alternative.
> which in my search i can find nothing that comes close to the power of
> dreamweaver.  ps, im not knocking frontpage, i too have used it, but every
> page i have created or seen created with it just doesnt look as professional
> as compaired to what you can do with dreamweaver.  most people go with front
> page because dreamweaver has a much higher learning curve, but once you master
> it you can do wonders.

Drifting away from Linux Visual Editors...

FrontPage 2003 is vastly superior to anything prior, in the FPage line.  I'm
definitely not a MSFT lover, but FP is closing the gap fast to DWMX. If I was
doing any .NET web applications, I'd be using FrontPage 2003 before DWMX.

A comparison chart of the major PC/Mac Visual Web Page Editors, can be found here;

<http://mvp.wiserways.com/2003/compare.htm>

--
Steve
  Tuesday Jun 08 2004 10:01:01 PM EDT