Re: charset of ext3 drives

The FS is the last thing I dont understand: if the file name is a double
wide
charset, how can the file name be stored without loosing information? Do
you
know what I mean?

	It would appear to me that the charset selection only determines
how the characters will be displayed, wouldn't it?  The filename would be
only a stream of characters that would not vary although the appearance
would perhaps change as different charset's were selected.  Or did I miss
something about the way filenames are stored?

		Sincerely,
		(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless