Re: Strange apt-get problem

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:53:57 +0200
Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:47:54PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > Al three mail server have the same version of apt.  This sources
> > list was also tested on a sid machine without a problem.
> >
> > Any idea what can be causing this?
>
> I found a solution: after installing wget there was no problem.
> What did apt use then to download the files because some lines in the
> sources.list was working?

Ah, I ran into this (or a very similar) problem when I was installing
apt-proxy. If you look at the dependencies for apt-proxy, it says it
depends on rsync *or* wget. However, I found there were some source
lines that depend on rsync, while others depend on wget.

I'm afraid I don't know enough to understand why the difference.
IMHO though, the depends line should be changed to say that it depends
on both rsync and wget.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #55:
Given enough time and money, eventually Microsoft will re-invent UNIX.