Re: ftp.uk.debian.org not allowing connections?

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 07:18, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (08/06/04 10:58), Ian McCall wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Last few days I've been trying to do an aptget update for a
> > server box running Stable, and I've had:
> >
> > Err ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org stable/main Packages
> >  Could not connect to ftp.uk.debian.org:21 (195.224.53.39). -
> > connect (111 Connection refused)
> >
> > I can ping the machine, but a manual ftp confirms the machine
> > isn't listening. Anyone know what's happening with this box?

I've had the same problem for a few days -- this morning, I commented
all the ftp.uk.debian.org lines out from my sources.list and added
ftp.de.debian.org in their place where the alternative did'nt already
exist.  Now aptitude doesn't paint the screen red -- and the
downloads happen.

--
richard