Re: Upgraded to unstable - lost network connectivity | No X

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 06:45:36PM +1200 or thereabouts, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 14:22, dircha wrote:
> > > Bingo! Running "lsmod" in the working vs non-working config shows
> > > that a whole bunch of drivers are no longer being loaded after the
> > > dist-upgrade. Running modprobe to force the network drivers to be
> > > loaded restores network connectivity.
> > >
> > > So the question now is: why did dist-upgrade from testing to unstable
> > > mess around with the list of modules that are loaded at boot time?
> > > That's sort of a rhetorical question; I don't hugely care as I now
> > > have a working system [at least I can manually force the necessary
> > > drivers to be loaded on boot]. But presumably other people will be
> > > bitten by this too...
>
> Just for the record: I did a dist-upgrade today and rebooted, and all
> the appropriate modules are now loading automatically. Whatever the
> problem was, it seems to have been fixed in the latest unstable.

I'd also like to add that doing a dist-upgrade from stable to unstable,
(or for that matter going from unstable to unstable 4-1 to 4.4?) of
xserver-xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-1 to 1-4 version breaks at least *my*
system. I found out that the path to wmaker in you're .xsession is
broken after the upgrade.  Apparently, /usr/bin/wmaker is correct,
but /usr/bin/X11/wmaker "used" to be correct.  Basically, just update
you're .xsession file path and you're good to go.

Dana