Re: slow cd burning

Christian Christmann wrote:
Hi,

on my Debian box I'm running the kernel 2.6.6.
I've read somewhere that the kernel 2.6 doesn't need
the SCSI-emulation for IDE-burner anymore and thus
I disabled this option while compiling the kernel.

Now burning CDs is running very slowly. Even if I tell
Xcdroast to burn with 16x, the speed goes down to less
than 2x.

And ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Chris

I had a problem similar to that and also encountered
occasional lock ups.  The solution was to DISABLE
DMA on my CD burner.  Not sure what the issue is, but
that was the solution.

-Roberto Sanchez