Re: How to have better quality display?

On Sunday 06 June 2004 09:15 am, jianan wrote:

> Looks like I'll have to build and install Xfree86 4.3.0. I dreaded doing
> this. The last time I did, I could not complete the install and it
> messed up the xserver.
>
> I'll have to tread carefully on this one.

Sarge/Sid got that version some few months back.  There are Woody backports
out there some yonder too.

Here's one:

# XFree 4.3.0 for woody
deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/xfree86 woody main

Probably much, much easier to go one of these routes than to try to compile
that monster yourself.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/