Re: OT - trivial programming language

"s. keeling" <keeling@spots.ab.ca> writes:

>> On the other hand, much of the time emacs does not know what to do
>> with Python code (when in python mode, that is), since part of the
>
> This is surely a deficiency in emacs' python mode?

The mind-reading interface is not yet completed.  A sufficiently
intelligent python mode could presumably constrain indentation to
whichever indentation levels could be valid, but there could be any
number of levels.  Since python blocks are based on indentation, you
could have the option of closing five or more blocks.

> You would think that with access to the code in the shell, perl, or
> python interpreter, emacs shell, perl, and python modes would do as
> well as the shell, perl or python interpreters.

You'd have to port the parser to Emacs lisp, then modify it to do
syntax annotation instead of code generation.  Some work is being
done on that with semantic for various things like Java... could be
extended to those modes.

On the other hand, I don't think there's anyone in the world who
really wants to dig into the perl interpreter and try to duplicate
it.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Sign at nursery: Come to me my melon-cauliflower baby.