Re: Please a command to shutdown KDE and X!!!!!

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:08:57PM -0300, Guilherme Rocha_Sul Soluções wrote:

> Hello friends !!!
>
> I need of a command for shutdown the kde and X
>
> Or a command to create a boot disk of debian.
>

> Because of my desktop are completely desconfigured.
> Not functiuonal!!! Don't is possible to make nothing so includes
> configuratios.
>
> I need run the dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> But this only in text mode.

It sounds like you want to run some commands, but need a command prompt,
which you can't get for some reason, given your disfunctional gui
environment.  You can get to a command prompt by holding down the control
and alt keys while pressing any one of the F1 through F6.  You can then, as
root, issue a command like /etc/init.d/kdm stop to kill the gui.  The exact
command for killing the gui will depend on how it was started.