help on a script

Ive never used a cron job before or written that big of a script and was
hoping someone on this list could help me out, and tell me if it can be done
or not.  I want to make a script that once a week, tar up my mail on my mail
server, copy it to another drive and send it to another machine over the
internet as a second backup, like on Sunday at 11pm.  Is there a way to do
this and if so how? Has anyone already made something like this that they
could send me to look at? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nick

--
Computer Nick a.k.a. Nick Smith