Re: Getting autofs to work.

hi ya clayton

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, R. Clayton wrote:

> I've installed autofs
>
>   $ dpkg --status autofs
>   $ cat /etc/auto.master
>   /media /etc/auto.media

you might want to use /.autofs or some other non-shared directory
before some app steps on each other with the same directory name

>   $ /etc/init.d/autofs restart
>   Stopping automounter: done.
>   Starting automounter:  /mediadone.

you need to also make sure your kernel supports autofs

cat /proc/filesystems  ( autofs should be listed )

> Assuming I didn't know what noauto meant, I commented out those entries in
> /etc/fstab
>
>   $ cat /etc/fstab
>   /dev/hda3    /        ext3    errors=remount-ro       0       1
>   /dev/hda2    none     swap    sw                      0       0
>   proc         /proc    proc    defaults                0       0
>   #/dev/fd0    /floppy  auto    user,noauto             0       0
>   #/dev/cdrom  /cdrom   iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0

that is fine ... it means you the system wont mount it for you
	- you have to manually mount it or
	- you can have it automounted

c ya
alvin