elm: possible bug: missing really basic functionality?

Tom Kuiper <tbhk@dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
u, 3 Jun 2004 19:19:06 -0400
>> From: Chris Metzler <cmetzler@speakeasy.net>
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: Re: what happened to KDE?
>> Hi.  First of all, there's no need to CC me with any of this stuff.
>> I read the list, obviously.
>
> The way 'elm' parses the header, if I reply only to you, no copy goes to
> the list.  So, I do a 'group reply' to pick up what is on the Cc: line.

Ah, user error possibly caused by software bug.  You should be using
reply-to-list instead.  If your MUA (elm) doesn't have that, you've
found a bug and you should report it.  Better yet, patch it so it has
it.  Or go the lazy way out and switch to mutt, kmail, sylpheed-claws,
gnus or one of the other MUAs that doesn't suffer from such a bug.
It's 2003:  Mailing lists have been around for a couple decades now,
there is zero excuse for not having reply-to-list.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>