Re: GNU or Open Source Licensing agreenemt.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
Alvin Oga <aoga@ns.Linux-Consulting.com> wrote:

> doesn't that depend on which "gpl" license ... ( there's over 40 "gpl"
> license ...  but only 2(?) gnu.org "gpl" license
>
> 	http://www.opensource.org/licenses

Huh?  This is the first time I've ever seen *anyone* refer to any
license other than the GNU General Public License as "the GPL."
There are indeed many other licenses that the Open Source Initiative
certifies as open source licenses.  But nobody refers to them as
"GPL"s in any way.

> mozilla's gpl

There is no such item.  Mozilla is licensed under the MPL, the Mozilla
Public License.

> "other gpl" terms

The only GPL is the GNU General Public License.  Using "GPL" to refer
to licenses other than the GNU General Public License only breeds
confusion.  I've never seen anyone do it before your email.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)