Re: Apt-announce

Pedro M. (Morphix User) wrote:
It would be very intesting the user could utilize Synaptic to recieve
automatically information about the update of certain packages, to upgrade them .

This is, mark the packages to recieve information about the package update (only of this/these package/s).

While I've never used it, the apt-watch package looks promising. Have you checked whether it is similar to what you are looking for? Perhaps I didn't understand what you meant.

Package: apt-watch
 apt-watch is a GNOME applet which will inform you when upgrades are
 available for your computer. It is similar to Windows Update or the Red
 Hat Network applet.

dircha