Re: desktop Linux for a debian user?

Sometimes I might do an apt-get update and upgrade and my menus will stop working sort of

I usually check

http://bugs.debian.org to see if any bugs are listed on it.

however I have used unstable on my laptop with kde for over a year and it works very well.

when I say breaks they are usually not show stoppers

Ignatz Sol wrote:
Knoppix, which is Debian-based, installed to the hard drive? Then as
your skills grow, you'll eventually be able to convert it to pure Debian.

--

Ah, I didn't know that Knoppix was Debian-based! Knoppix was the
first Linux that I saw, as I guess it is for many.  That sounds like

You could try Debian unstable.  Works great on my desktop.

I hadn't thought of using unstable.  I'm learning on woody stable,
though I have pulled a few components from backports.org.  What do you
mean "it doesn't break much"?

Thanks for the quick replies!  This is great input for me.