Re: network options

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 07:09:22PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I found this in my /etc/network/options
>
> ip_forward=no
> spoofprotect=yes
> syncookies=no
>

> Can someone explain how this is used for the iptables configurations and
> for setting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/... options?
>
> I am also interesting in knowing if I can replace:
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
>
> with something like this in the /etc/network/options:
> icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts=yes

Hi Tom,

this file is read during the bootup procedure by
/etc/init.d/networking (/etc/rcS.d/S40networking).
This script only supports those three options, so
if you need to set other parameters, you should add
your echo line to that script (just after the three
doopt calls), or, if you feel like it, add support
for the options you need following the given design.

Regards,

Jan