RE: Anyone recommend a multi-serial card?

We've been using Stallion EasyConnection & EasyIO cards with the RJ45
adapters for a little while here with very good success.  Debian has the
stallion.o module precompiled, you just have to make the nodes in /dev (I
believe a script was included in a download from stallion.com).  The
stallion.txt in the Linux source/Documentation has good info too.  I believe
you can get D-style blocks too.

Just recently, we received a USB->4-port adapter from pearle (pearle.com).
It seems to work pretty good.  We are haveing a problem with one program
when it forks, so we're trying to trak that down (a) a bug in the program,
b) a problem with the "unstable" kernel shipped to us on the box, c) a
problem with the USB drivers when a program forks like that, d) a problem
with the usb->serial driver).  I'm putting my money on a) as we have already
compiled our own kernel.  Sorry to stray off topic.