Re: how-to: wine with 256 color depth

welly hartanto wrote:

Thanks, Paul ...
Well ... reconfiguring X <sniff>. Since I'm not using
KDE ( gnome's my favorite however ), maybe the best
way I can do is make another X configuration file that
use only 8 bit color depth and run it by 'xf86cfg
-xf86config anotherxconfigfile'.
But since I've been using NVidia driver, is this good
enough ( in other mean...if I do this ,there won't be
any problem ??? )
I forgot exactly what I did before I discovered the KDE way but
a Google with 'linux multiple x sessions' gives this:

http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/LinuxGuide/linux-X-multiple.html

and many more.

man startx is very useful here.

HTH,