Re: broken cups in sid

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 16:18:29 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> On the other hand, checking library dependencies prior to such a change
> would be nice. Cups and KDE are a nice combination, I'm sorry that Debian
> unstable is the only Linux distribution right now that cannot handle both.

AFAIK the maintainer responsible for kdelibs has been ill and is back now,
so a rebuilt kdelibs for use with the current CUPS packages should be
forthcoming.

> I thought the nightly "whole system build" thing would avoid problems like
> this, since everything has to be built with the same libraries as are then
> packaged?

There is no `nightly "whole system build" thing'.

HTH,
Ray
--
The "Penguin Powered" logos people love should really be "Penguin
Empowered". That, I think, is the best thing about Linux, too. We've given