Re: Backup to CD-RW

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, jack kinnon wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It's time for me to work out a good backup system. I am looking for a reliable software which is able to do incremental backup to a CD-RW. A search thro' the net throws up a lot but which one is best for Debian?

#
# change -90 to be any incremental period you want to cover
#
find /home -mtime -90 ( -type f -o -type l ) -print | \
	mkisofs -GazillionOptions | cdrecord -more -funOptions

	fun part is if "mkisofs ... -o -"
	works instead of "-o something.iso"

	fun part is if "cdrecord  ... -data -"
	works instead of "-data something.iso"

	and if it doesn't work, does it corrupt the disks :-0

free backup scripts
	linux-backup.net/App

c ya
alvin