Re: Kernel-2.6.5 and modules question..

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 10:40:57PM -0400, Jerome R. Acks wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:29:15PM -0400, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> >
> > I am running kernel 2.6.5. I removed the ide-scsi line from
> > /etc/modules but it is loaded all the same. Looks like a fresh
> > /etc/modules is generated at every boot! Is there a way to
> > force it to load only the modules that I want?

Is it possible that you are using the cd through scsi emulation (common
for burners), there was some point were it started requiring ide-scsi
on me.

/etc/modules is generated using the files in /etc/modutils.d. You will
need to find the line you want in there, change it and run
update-modules.

Another option is if you are using usb-storage, I think it also needs
ide-scsi