Re: Integrate DRI Mach-64 into 2.6.* kernels?

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 08:55:26AM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> Some have managed to compile and get this working. I have not.
>
> Even so, one would need to redo this for any kernel upgrade and there is no
> guaranty it would work this time around.
>
> Maybe it is time to integrate this module into the stock kernel packages.

There is a security issue with its DMA code which is why it wasn't on
the main dri tree up until recently. I think now its on the tree with a
big warning and the dma code disabled by default. That is probably why
its not in the official tree.

Anyway, to get the correct reason the location is probably lkml or
dri-devel lists.