Re: Kernel-2.6.6 compilation??

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:14:30 -0400 (EDT)
Ishwar Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu> wrote:

> I am running debian/testing/kernel-2.6.5 (from knoppix-3.4 cd).
>
> I want to compile kernel-2.6.6.
> I have downloaded the kernel-sources-2.6.6 and unarchived in
> /usr/local/src/kernel-source-2.6.6
> made make xconfig, make-kgpg clean, fakeroot make-kgpg
> --revision=custom1.0 kernel-mage
>
> The image installs and boots coorectly BUT I missed the ide-scsi
> emulation somewhere..
>
> What are the correct settings for ide-scsi emulation (for internal
> ide/atapi cdr-rw and zip-100 drives)?
>
> In the booted kernel
> lsmod | grep ide
>   displays
> ide-cd
> cdrom
> ide-scsi
>
> but can't mount /dev/cdrom /mnt (mount: /dev/cdrom: not a valid block
> device), replacing /dev/cdrom by /dev/scd0 also produces the same
> result.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> -ishwar

I found this site to work for the 2.6.6;

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

though this is what I use for grub & initrd

"fakeroot make-kpkg --append-to-version -athlon --initrd --revision=1"

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>
Registered Linux User #96112

        Ben Franklin - 1759