Re: bcm5700 7.2.2, debian 3.0 r2 and tcpdump

Please word wrap your text at some column such as 72 so that there is
room for the quote to push your text to the right a little bit without
pushing it off the screen.  Thanks.

the Know Hunter wrote:
> 	The proporse for this particular server is log http logs sniffed from my
> network. I have this solution already working on a R5400 da compaq, with a
> 100 MiB NIC, but I need to upgrade the sistem to GiB, once the R5400 have too
> much overruns, and I'm loosing to much trafic, that shoud being logged.

You say you already have a working configuration on an R5400.  How it
your new configuration different from your old one?

You said:
> 	I have a HP DL360 G3, with a dual bcm5700 NIC, installed with debain 3.0r2
> bf24, stable branch, and the driver compiled from the sources at broadcom.

Which I think means the bcm5700 driver.  I am using that driver fine
on my machines.  But I have also upgraded most of them to newer
kernels with the tg3 driver.  You might try upgrading your kernel to
the latest linux-2.4.26 and using the tg3 driver.

> 	When running tcpdump, or any other without filter I get miles of packets, for
> as long as I keep the sniffer running.

Isn't that the normal and expected behavior?

Bob