bcm5700 7.2.2, debian 3.0 r2 and tcpdump

oix ppl,

	I have a HP DL360 G3, with a dual bcm5700 NIC, installed with debain 3.0r2
bf24, stable branch, and the driver compiled from the sources at broadcom.

	The proporse for this particular server is log http logs sniffed from my
network. I have this solution already working on a R5400 da compaq, with a
100 MiB NIC, but I need to upgrade the sistem to GiB, once the R5400 have too
much overruns, and I'm loosing to much trafic, that shoud being logged.

	My actual config for the new box is:

	eth0 is used to sniff and log trafic, and is connect to a port in my main
switch that is a mirror target from our port that connects to the external
router.

	eth1 is used to management and copy logs to other box to processing.

	My problem is with eth0. I have it up, but without IP. I seted it in
promiscous mode and without promiscous, with the same weird results.

	When I run tcpdump with any filter ("ip", "tcp", "port 80", ...) I only get
some initial packets, in traffic time that means 37 packets, sometimes less
than that, as I could see never more than that. The same weird thing happens
with any other network tool I know (snort, ngrep, ethereal as the ones I
tried), and obviasly with the software I use to sniff the logs (pandora).

	When running tcpdump, or any other without filter I get miles of packets, for
as long as I keep the sniffer running.

	Please, someone help me. I already checked anyplace I know, read HOWTOs,
FAQs, searched in google, and can find nothing like this.

	Some info:

# ifconfig eth0
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0E:7F:FE:89:FA
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:3839235087 (3.5 GiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:11 Memory:f7ef0000-f7f00000

When running this:
# tcpdump -nn -i eth0|grep "80 "

I get thousands lines, that keep going as long as I keep this running.

Running:
# tcpdump -nn -i eth0 "port 80"

I get some lines, changing from run to run, but never more than 50 (highest
common value is 37).

This is nicinfo for my eth0:

# cat /proc/net/nicinfo/eth0.info
Description                     HP NC7781 Gigabit Server Adapter
Driver_Name                     bcm5700
Driver_Version                  7.1.22
Bootcode_Version                5703-v2.33
PCI_Vendor                      0x14e4
PCI_Device_ID                   0x16a7
PCI_Subsystem_Vendor            0x0e11
PCI_Subsystem_ID                0x00cb
PCI_Revision_ID                 0x02
PCI_Slot                        2
PCI_Bus                         1
PCI_Bus_Speed                   64-bit PCIX 100MHz
Memory                          0xf7ef0000
IRQ                             11
System_Device_Name              eth0
Current_HWaddr                  00:0e:7f:fe:89:fa
Permanent_HWaddr                00:0e:7f:fe:89:fa
Part_Number                     N/A

Link                            up
Auto_Negotiate                  on
Speed_Advertisement             10half 10full 100half 100full 1000half
1000full
Flow_Control_Advertisement      pause
Speed                           1000
Duplex                          full
Flow_Control                    receive/transmit
State                           up
MTU_Size                        1500

Rx_Packets                      51363109
Tx_Packets                      0
Rx_Bytes                        4015840304
Tx_Bytes                        0
Rx_Errors                       0
Tx_Errors                       0

Tx_Carrier_Errors               0