Thunderbird/Firefox rendering without borders and scrollbars

After resuming from suspend-to-disk (ACPI sleep state 4), Thunderbird (mozilla-thunderbird in sid) and Firefox (mozilla-firefox in sid) render their interfaces without borders and scrollbars. Both applications otherwise function correctly.

I'm using the default themes for both applications (whichever is installed by default), and the default theme for gtk+ (whichever is used when you have no theme packages installed).

Dialogs which popup in the applications also are rendered without borders. However, default submit-style buttons are rendered correctly once they have been activated by moving the mouse over them. As are scrollbars.

Restarting the applications does not solve the problem.

Executing xrefresh does nothing either.

Resizing and similar operations have no effect.

However, rebooting does solve the problem. Obviously this is not an ideal solution, as I use suspend-to-disk to avoid rebooting.

I'm not sure just how to figure out what is going wrong here. Is there some way to force a library to be reloaded from disk?

dircha