Re: OT - trivial programming language

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> writes:

>     First off it looks damned wrong so you know something's wrong.  Where in
> the above example it looks wrong but works.  It may, in fact, *be* weong.
> Secondly I dunno about EMACS but in VIM, highligh the 2 middle lines, hit >>.
>  Tada, indented just fine.

This will work for one level of nesting.  But this means you need to
keep track of the nesting levels when moving things around in the
code.

With syntax-driven indentation, the editor figures it out for you.

OTOH, perhaps people can quickly *see* whether the indentation is
right.  If it isn't, they repeat the >> command.

Kai