RE: DHCP

1. Make sure you have a working /etc/apt/sources.list
Here is mine (note you may have to comment/remove any lines you have
refering to the CD):

deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ stable main contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ testing main contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib
#deb-src http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ stable main contrib
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib

2. update the cache:
apt-get update

3a. For the dhcp server, type:
apt-get install dhcp

3b. For the dhcp client, type:
apt-get install dhcp-client

This should get you the stable version (which is probably already on your
CDs).  If you want testing, you should be able to use the -t testing option
(i.e. `apt-get -t testing install dhcp`). I hope I haven't forgotten
anything.