delete key doesn't work with csh in xterm session

I recently upgraded our central server from redhat 7.3 to debian woody/sarge.

Not so hard, been really happy with the new setup.

For users using /bin/csh and running rxvt-xterm, their delete key does not
work.
Users running /bin/bash and running rxvt-xterm, their delete key does work.

Both delete keys work on an ssh session.
I've looke through google, and found some items on setting delete keys
manually but they do not appear to be applying correctly for csh.
I've run accross references to two methods for setting the delete key:
bindkey "e[^H" delete-char        # Delete
and
stty echoe erase ^H

But neither work for csh rxvt-xterm sessions.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman