Re: Where can I get a list of NIST servers for rdate?

On Tue, 25 May 2004 08:47:23 -0700
Jake Johnson <jake@plutoid.com> wrote:

> I am looking for some active servers so I can run rdate as a cron job.
>  Any idea where I can find one for California?

It doesn't necessarily provide the ones closest to you, but you could
also just use pool.ntp.org for your timeserver - it will then give you a
random mirror to use in an effort to load balance itself. (The
documentation actually suggests using pool.ntp.org 3 times; this way you
still have a backup, in the off chance that one of the pool.ntp.org
mirrors is having problems, or is too slow for you, etc.)

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #11:
Linux -- Have you administered a real OS today?