Re: how to install wvware ?

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 09:28:06AM +0200, bing yu wrote:
> thank you for your information and thank  "s. keeling"
> <keeling@spots.ab.ca>  giving me another option.(catdoc)
>
> i have installed wvware.the doc attachment can properly displayed in
> mutt. which is really ecouraging.
>
> but here is another problem:  html attachment has a lot of character
> that made the file hard to read, such as,
>
> "<head>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=gb2312">
> <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="wvWare/wvWare version 0.7.3">
> <title>
> 2004&ldquo;????&dquo;????????????????
> </title>"
>

> $ wvHtml --charset=gb2312 pingpang.doc pingpang.html
> $ lynx file:///.../pingpang.html
>
> there are "<head>.....</title>" are displayed too.
>
> but i open the pingpang.html file in mozilla, it can displayed well,
> quite link the doc file.
>
> what else can i do to let the html attachment more readable, ie, is
> there a way get rid of the formate charater like
> "<head>.....</title>......

You can add the following line to our ~/.mailcap
text/html; lynx -dump -width=120 -force_html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput;
Default width is 80 which badly formats some emails for me, play with
it to suit your needs. You will also need in .muttrc the line:
auto_view text/html

If you prefer elinks to lynx (haven't compared them) use the following
line instead in your .mailcap:
text/html; /usr/bin/elinks -dump '%s'; copiousoutput; needsterminal;

(there are some variations on these, you can google for lynx and mutt
or elinks and mutt.