Re: kernel panic

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 08:59:21AM -0700, developer@wexwarez.com wrote:

> You are correct, the 2.6.5 is the new one.
> I did not use any flags I just did a make-kpkg kernel_image and a dpkg -i
> I noticed that the new boot loader menu items didn't have the initrd
> lines, is that required.  I didn't think you really needed to use initrd?

  In general, depending on the kernel configuration, you can do without
an initrd. However since the configuration of the new kernel doesn't
differ much from the old one, it could be that you must have an initrd
because essential components are compiled as modules. Another option is
that for your hardware the difference in the configuration of the old
and new kernels is important.
  The new boot loader menu items didn't have the initrd lines because it
identified the new kernel as not requiring an initrd. Which is correct
since you didn't make-kpkg --initrd.

--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I