Re: Samba 3.0.4-3 Problem

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:48:56PM +0200, Pim Bliek | PingWings.nl wrote:
> Nobody any idea why Samba broke with the latest upgrade?
>
> Pim

To quote Steve Langasek:

"As some of you appear to have already correctly deduced, there is a
compatibility problem with the version of the CUPS libs currently in
unstable.  The libcupsys library is linked against an old version of
libgnutls, which causes two incompatible versions of this library to be
pulled in, leading to these crashes.

There were already bug reports about this problem with Samba 3.0.2a, but
it has become much more severe of an issue with 3.0.4.  It is actually a
CUPS/libgcrypt bug, not a Samba bug, but I plan to keep these bugs open
and assigned to the samba package for the time being until those
problems can be sorted out.  Fortunately, that should happen soon, as
the GNOME 2.6 packages include a libcupsys that's linked against the new
version of gnutls, and it's expected that the GNOME 2.6 packages will
begin moving into unstable (along with an updated samba package) any day
now.

In the meantime, one workaround may be to disable the use of cups for
printing.  The other would be to downgrade to 3.0.2a until this can be
resolved."

I commented out the [printers] section because I'm not using it and
that worked as a temporary fix.

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=250418

Keith