Re: upgrading kernel 2.2.20-idepci

Incoming from S.D.A.:

> I originally installed woody, then upgraded to testing. Consequently I never
> upgraded my original woody kernel.
>
> I would like to upgrade my kernel to 'kernel-image-2.4.25-1-386'. Is it a simple
> manner of just 'aptitude install 'kernel-image-2.4.25-1-386' or are there

You'll need to move kernel modules out of the way if the new kernel's
/lib/modules/`uname -r` exists already; apt-get will warn about this if
you don't do it ahead of time.  Simply repeating the "aptitude install
..." line will continue where it left off.

If this kernel uses initrd (likely), you'll need to add an
initrd=... line to your grub/lilo config, and re-run lilo if using
lilo.

- -