Re: Number of Loop devices

Am 20.05.2004 um 22:52 schrieb david:

> I would like to know how to mount more than 8 loop devices (if this is
> permited by the kernel).

You probably have loop loaded into the kernel as a module. The loop
module has a parameter to specify the number of available devices.

To set this option permanently, add this line to a new file called
/etc/modutils/loop:

  options loop max_loop=16

Make sure that loop is not in use and run

  update-modules
  rmmod loop
  modprobe loop

If your loop driver is compiled into the kernel, append "max_loop=16"
(or an other suitable number) to the kernel command line in your boot
loader.

Regards,
Dennis

--
Send private mail to dennis@... only. Mails going to lists@stosberg.net
will not reach me unless they are sent via the list.