Re: Startup: give root password for maintenance

On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:25:57 +0200, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) wrote:
> I installed new kernel which works fine but when i do a reboot i also
> get in the upstart process:
>
> Give root password for maintenance
> (or type control-D for normal startup)
>
> Of course i press control-D but how can i remove this ?
> I want that the computer can automatically reboot without asking this
> question.

I only get this prompt whenever there is something wrong with my
system and it needs superuser privileges to fix it.

I believe the only way you can remove this is by fixing the
problem. Can you give the full log as to what happened? Maybe
    tail -50 /var/log/messages

would be useful to diagnose your problem.