Re: ppp setup problem

That's a big clue. Try plugging a 'phone into your wall socket and try
dialling out. Did you hear a dial tone? If that works try plugging in
your modem again. If it still doesn't work are you using the correct
cables?

I did plug a phone into the phone socket of the modem and it worked.

If your 'phone line doesn't give a proper dial tone try dialling out
without the modem receiving a dial tone. You need to add an option to
wvdial.conf which for my modem is X3 but for your modem may be
different. Check the documents for your modem.

I will check the modem documentation to see what is required.

Currently, I do not even get that error message.

Store more e-mails, accept larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-xe