Re: External USB 2.0 hdd

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:46:45AM +0200, Claus M. Christiansen wrote:
> I'm have my eyes on an external USB 2.0 harddisk "case" from a local
> store, the one where you put your own hdd in, but I'm wondering what the
> support for such a device is? It holds a 3.5" disc and is using USB 2.0.
> I know that this propably isn't a direct debian question but I wanted to
> know if anyone knows if these works?!

I am using it regularly. I have problems copying large files (like
iso-images) on machines with USB 1.  In those cases I use rsync with
bandwith control.  On a USB2 machine - no problem.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear
      heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the
      things which God hath prepared for them that love
      him."      I Corinthians 2:9