Re: Samba and network printing

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>     cupsaddsmb -U root -a

cupsaddsmb didn't get added until later, I think. At least, the cups
from Woody doesn't have it. I can't install the updated cups from
backports.org because I need the Epson drivers from the Gimp.Print
package, which hasn't been ported yet for the newer Cups (installing
newer cups uninstall that package because of dependency issues).

Also, it seems cupsaddsmb just go through the same steps that you can do
manually. I did test run it, and it also fails on the last step that the
manual step failed for me.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before, but  did check the logs
after you mentioned it.  I got an error message, saying
[2004/05/17 13:05:59, 0] smbd/password.c:authorise_login(536)
  authorise_login: rejected invalid user smb
[2004/05/17 13:05:59, 0] printing/nt_printing.c:get_correct_cversion(1119)
  get_correct_cversion: Unable to connect

Now, the smb user is my guest user. I'm not sure why it tries to log in
as smb, since (a) I'm logging in as root, and (b) smb doesn't have the
rights to install the drivers anyways...

--
John L. Fjellstad