Re: Debian, rpm and corporate world

Paul Johnson wrote:
Dominique Dumont <domi@komarr.grenoble.hp.com> writes:
Currently there is big chicken and egg problem with Debian in the corporate world. Corporate guys want to be able to install software
 from ISV (like Oracle).

ISVs only provide their proprietary software as rpm because not
many corporation ask for Debian. Corporation do not ask for Debian
because most ISVs don't provide Debian packages.

IMHO, the only way to break this circle is to provide a way to
install rpm that doesn't look like a hack.

What's wrong with, "Make me a Debian package or lose a customer?"

I'd venture to guess:
We're sorry, but we can not presently justify the costs of maintaining a Debian port. Perhaps if one of our larger customers express an interest in it...

dircha