Re: trouble loading scsi driver

on Fri, May 14, 2004 at 06:32:38AM -0700, John Hitzfelder (john.hitzfelder@enom.com) wrote:

> I'm using the 2.2.20-compact install cd image and trying to install on a
> server with intel scsi controller srczcr.

> I try to load the module for the driver using either a cd built from the
> intel scsi cd or downloaded from intel support (link below) but on either
> case, the install routine says 'can't load the floppy'.

Is that the *exact* text?

> The message from dbootstrap says 'unable to mount the floppy, can't
> continue'.

Try (the '#' indicates a root shell prompt):

   # mkdir /mnt/fl
   # mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/fl

...and see if that works.

If it doesn't, check that you have vfat support in your kernel ('cat
/proc/filesystems'), and look at dmesg output ('dmesg').

> The floppy is accessed.  Using the little shell on alt-f2, I can cd to the
> floppy, but it appears empty (might be my ignorance here, all that is listed
> is root created today when I ls -al).

   # cat /proc/mounts

...anything listed?

The floppy mountpoint *will* exist, and _probably_ is empty.

Peace.

   At the sound of the toner, boycott Lexmark:  trade restraint via DMCA.
    http://news.com.com/2100-1023-979791.html