Re: Harddisk not recognized

On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:44:48 +0200
"Christian Christmann" <plfriko@yahoo.de> wrote:

> the BIOS if my motherboard doesn't recognize my
> new 160GB harddisk correctly. I'd like to boot from this
> device.
> Is there a way to overcome this problem with lilo etc. ?

No, if the BIOS doesn't recognize the disk, you won't be able to boot
from it. The kernel itself should recognize the disk, so if you boot
from a floppy, USB stick or CD, you should be fine.

I have a similar problem, the BIOS *crashes* when trying to auto-detect
the disks, but Linux itself has no problem.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de